This Law LLM will set you on track for a successful career in law and help you develop valuable skills employers look for, including ‘Advanced Legal Skills’ and ‘International Perspectives in Law’.
The course mixes taught elements with independent research, and you can negotiate the topic of your dissertation project to fit both your personal interests and the supervisory expertise of Suwal International College's tutors.
We use a wide variety of teaching and learning methods which include weekly three-hour workshops. These are interactive and require a high level of preparation. You’ll also undertake a research project and dissertation which are supervised by your tutor.
Your progress will be assessed by written coursework, usually a 6,000 word essay for each taught module.
Compared to an undergraduate course, you will find that this Masters course requires a higher level of independent working.
LL.M course aims to open career opportunities in Jurisprudence, academics, legal scholarship, legal consultations and other legal areas requiring competent manpower. The coursework LLM can focus in one of several areas of specialization such as Environmental Law, Corporate Law, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and International Law.
Objectives of the Programme
- Imparting legal knowledge befitting our socio-cultural and developmental priorities,
- Producing competent manpower in the field of jurisprudence,
- Instilling in students a sense of social, national and global responsibilities
- Achieving legal excellence with international and indigenous understanding,
- Promoting legal research.
- Preparing competent manpower, legal scholars and jurists; academicians to enter professional fields of Law teaching, research, judicial and governmental services, and providing legal counseling in public and private enterprises.