Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: What is it about?
Travel and Tourism aside from being a crucial part of one’s recreational and refreshment activities happen to be a crucial area of economic activity.
· The Travel and tourism industry generates quite a good amount of revenue and contributes significantly to the GDP of the country.
· The business side of the tourism and travel industry makes it an open market for expansion, growth, and job opportunities. This is often where the industry needs knowledgeable touch in face of skilled and trained manpower that has the capacity and capability to use managerial techniques in practice and churn out maximum output.
A diploma level program within the domain is crafted keeping in mind the elemental needs of the industry and tries to take care of a balancing mechanism just in case of commercial demands and delivering of qualified professionals.
The course provides a comprehensive outlook of the topic to the scholars in order that they will withstand the demand of application within the industry also as they ought to be ready to repost on this database at the advanced level of study within the respective domain.
Why Study Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management?
The goal to attain a Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management degree will depend on each individual’s aspirations and goals. Some of the reasons to pursue Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management course are as follows.
· Reputed profession: Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management is a high demand field where skilled graduates are able to find open job positions immediately. Any candidate with the zeal to excel in the field will find success soon.
· High pay: Average packages for Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management graduates are on the higher side for both private and public organizations.
· Career opportunities: A graduate is able to pursue a diverse array of career opportunities. The graduate can choose to become a tour operator , consultant ,manager , analyst ,etc
· On completion of this program : The students will be able to get good salary packages depending on candidate’s expertise in the field. This salary keeps increasing gradually with the graduates’ experience and skill set.
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: Admission Process
Admissions to the course is mainly done on the merit list except few institutes/colleges going for entrance examination based admissions.
· Some Institutes/Colleges conduct their own entrance test for admission of candidates to the course hence students would need to fill an application for such exams.
· Students need to qualify these entrance exams (for which they ought to be eligible to appear) so as to take admission within the course.
· After the entrance exam is conducted, a merit list of qualified candidates is prepared and candidates are called for the admission process .
· After the allotment of seats the candidates have to deposit the fee.
Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management: Eligibility Criteria
· Candidates must have passed the 10 or equivalent level examination with a minimum of 50% (40% to 45% for reserved category candidates) of the marks at 10or equivalent level from a recognized state or central board.
· The candidates should not have any backlog in any of the subject/s in the class 10th or equivalent level that's yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.