Diploma in Nursing
Diploma in Nursing is a 3-year full-time diploma level program. The eligibility criteria for Diploma in Nursing is to qualify the 10 examination in any relevant stream with an aggregate of 50% marks and above from a recognized board.
The annual average fees required to study this program is 3 lakh and the admission process are direct on the basis of merit list.
Diploma in Nursing for good 3 years focuses on subjects like Fundamentals of Nursing, Health Economics, Community Diseases, Medical Surgical operations, administrating and ward management, etc
There is a huge demand for Diploma in Nursing professionals in sectors like Nursing Homes, Medical Writing, Administration, Health Care Centres, Educational institutes, etc. Every year a huge number of these diploma holders get themselves placed in any of the above mentioned sectors that offer them a good annual pay.
After successfully completing the program, one can explore popular job roles like Head Nursing Services, Nursing In-charge, Emergency Nurses, Nursing Assistant, etc.
Diploma in Nursing Admission Process
Aspirants who wish to seek admission to the program of Diploma in Nursing are required to know the common admission process as prescribed by the respective institutions.
- Candidates are offered admission to the program on the basis of merit,
- All the important information with regards to Diploma in Nursing courses and the date of admission can be availed on the official websites of the college.
Diploma in Nursing Eligibility
0The eligibility criteria set for admission to Diploma in Nursing are as follows:
- Students need to have qualified their 10 examination or any equivalent examination in any relevant stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks and above from a recognized board.
- Having an experience of minimum 3 years in General Nursing and Midwifery can avail admission to the program.
Diploma in Nursing: What is it about?
Nurses play an important role in the healthcare sector. In order to pursue the career of Nurse, it is important for the students to possess certain qualities and aspects making them proficient in the field, and let us see what else a Diploma in Nursing course has stored in it.
- Diploma in Nursing focuses on imparting candidates with the nuances of the stream and enabling them with skills to become competent nurses.
- The course provides knowledge of administration,activities of Hospitals, Clinics and assists the staff in carrying out their duties effectively.
- The program establishes grounds for research, in examining the cost related to the service, quality of patient care, policy analysis and delivery of health services.
- The program is divided into both classroom study and fieldwork offering students a realistic approach and knowledge of the field in depth.
- Students are required to complete a 6 months internship program after the course completion to expand their proficiency in the area of study.
Diploma in Nursing: Course Highlights
Mentioned below are some of the major highlights of Diploma in Nursing courses.
||Qualifying 10 examination or any equivalent examination in any relevant stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks and above from a recognized board.
|Top Recruiting Areas
||Nursing Homes, Medical Writing, Administration, Health Care Centres, etc.
||Head Nursing Services, Nursing In-charge, Emergency Nurses, Nursing Assistant, etc.
Why pursue Diploma in Nursing ?
A Diploma in Nursing will not only make an aspirant a core member of the health sector but also develop an individual in a lot more ways, and some of the perks of pursuing this course are mentioned below.
- Professionals of this field fulfill the growing demand of resources required in the health department of the country.
- The students are helped in polishing their interpersonal skills and communicative skills which is much-required quality for undertaking this program.
- One also pursues this course as this field has a higher job security and career flexibility.
- Diploma in Nursing can facilitate an aspirant with a good salary package.
- These professionals get a huge relaxation from paying taxes.
- Diploma in Nursing provides various work fields for the students to explore like hospitals, public health sectors, industrial nursing, teaching professionals and more.