Diploma in Business IT
Diploma in Business Information Technology
The Diploma in Business Information Technology programme is designed to meet the increasing demand in the work place for IT professionals with a wide knowledge of business management, technical skills and the capacity to offer support in the implementation of IT-based solutions in business. DBIT is a University Diploma. The curriculum goes beyond material currently covered in Diploma, Higher Diploma and Graduate Diploma programmes in the common professional programmes in today. It focuses on issues surrounding development, implementation and management of Information Systems in competitive business environments.
Why Study DBIT?
- The curriculum is developed to meet the immediate needs of the market, for IT professionals at the middle levels of organisations and those who want to enter the job market at the middle levels
- Good backup for candidates pursuing non-IT courses who wish to change professions in future
- Is an added advantage to non-IT professionals who wish to acquire IT skills for their professional work
Goals of the Programme
- To develop a coherent and broad-based coverage of business information systems and the underlying technology to implement these systems information requirements and develop solutions from model professional and technical perspectives
- To prepare candidates to apply the principles learnt in the performance of their duties in the workplace
- To prepare candidates for progression to higher levels of education.
Candidates are prepared to work as:
- Database developers and administrators
- Data Management personnel
- Systems Support personnel
- System Analysts and Designers
- System Developers
- Network Administrators
- Network Support personnel
- Middle level Managers in IT departments
- IT Trainers