Bachelor of Chemical Engineering
About this Course
In this course, you will learn such concepts as oil and gas production, reservoir energy and forces, petroleum deposit drainage, development systems, well operation techniques and much more. Each participant in the course will develop an understanding of field life cycle and interdisciplinary approach to petroleum field development and operation.
Throughout the course, we will address the following topical areas:
- History of oil and gas application, international petroleum reserves.
- Fundamentals of Petroleum Geology: rock cycle; oil, gas and water deposits; oil and gas composition; oil generation; prospecting for oil and gas fields.
- Major exploration techniques, seismic methods, well testing; basics of reservoir engineering and modeling.
- Basics of well drilling and production. Anyone who is interested in learning more about the petroleum industry is welcome to join this introductory course. More specific groups include:
- High school students planning a career, and their parents.
- Graduates holding BSc or Engineering degrees looking for further training options.
- Petroleum company employees with a non-petroleum educational background who are not involved directly in field exploration and development (finance, marketing, management, HR, etc.) but require general understanding of petroleum industry.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Analyse and apply theoretical knowledge in the area of petroleum geology, reservoir engineering and production technology
- Describe major exploration and production techniques and processes
- Distinguish between major enhanced oil and gas recovery techniques
- Understand application areas of petrochemical products