B. Lab Technology
The bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Sc. MLT) is a four year,eight semester course, concentrating mainly on developing appropriate manpower to function as professional medical laboratory technician carrying out preventive, curative, promo rive, rehabilitative functions and research. The graduates will have employment in various health care setting from nursing homes to hospitals to medical and health science colleges.
Clinical Laboratory Science is one of the important areas in Health Sciences, which supports the clinicians by providing laboratory test evidences in the treatment of patients. The goal of this program is to produce clinical laboratory experts who are academically sound, technically skilled and fully capable of performing various clinical laboratory tests with quality control as well as interpretation of the results.
The B.Sc.MLT program has the following objectives;
- Provide adequate educational background for careers in Medical Laboratory Science profession.
- Study and strengthen the existing Medical Laboratory Science practices in the private and public institutions through continuous education and training programs.
- Assist Medical Laboratory Science and related organizations in solving their problems by providing consultancy services.
- Contribute to Medical Laboratory Science literature relevant to Nepal through research and publications.
- Passed10+2 Science or equivalent (with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) with 50% aggregate in total marks or GPA 2.4 OR,
- Secured the percentage equivalent to the above eligibility in regards to the certificate level programs (eg. A-Level) with a different grading system OR,
- Applicants who have passed the Health Science Proficiency Certificate/Diploma (General Medicine, Medical Lab Technology, Ophthalmic Science, Dental Science, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Radiography, Physiotherapy) with at least 50% aggregate in total marks AND
- Registered in Nepal Health Professional Council of Nepal Pharmacy Council or Nepal Ayurveda Council as per related educational program
Provisions for Admission Process
- In order to pass the integrated admission process, a minimum of 50 percent marks should be obtained.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.